Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pre-trip blog

I remember receiving an e-mail about a trip to Costa Rica from the study abroad office. When I found out I had the opportunity to visit a country as diverse as CR, while earning course credit, I was hooked. After completing early Saturday morning classes and picking up my international student ID card, I was finally ready to head out. On May 11th, I'll be flying out of Lafayette bright and early. I've been fortunate enough to travel around the country, but have never had the chance to visit CR. I'm very excited to see the various wildlife that inhibits this area. Studying abroad will allow me to learn about sustainable business development, while enjoying the country. I've been told that Costa Ricans are the happiest people on earth. I can't wait to interact with them and learn more about their culture. The itinerary for our trip is filled with educational and recreational field trips. White water rafting, zip-lining, horseback riding, visiting a volcano and driving through the rain forest are all things I'm looking forward to. Our tour guide will bring us to the area where the Costa Rican Congress meets and has lined up many interesting lectures. I believe this trip will encompass just the right amount of learning mixed with fun. I can't wait to depart and begin my Costa Rican adventure! Pura Vida! 

No comments:

Post a Comment